In 1972, the district of Amberg-Sulzbach founded the national mining and industrial museum in Theuern. Its most important task is to research, document and present mining and industry in the entire East Bavarian region.


The “Bergbau- und Industriemuseum” is located in the “Hammerherrenschloss”, which was built in 1781. In addition, industrial monuments typical of the region were transferred to Theuern: an iron-headed hammer mill, a glass grinding and polishing plant, which has also provided a home for the “Strommuseum Ostbayern” (East Bavarian electricity museum) since 1996, and a headframe with a winding engine house.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.At vero eos et accusam et

OUR

entrance fees

Adults

2,00 €

STUDENTS + YOUTH GROUPS

1,00 €

GROUPS

1,50 €

of people 20 or above

SEVERELY DISABLED PEOPLE + STUDENTS

1,50 €

GUIDE

30,00 €

after prior registration

en_GBEnglish